Project Level: Intermediate
I’m hoping that students will leave with a working game and the understanding necessary to continue to improve it; all while increasing their understanding of programming concepts and a commonly used programming language.
- Some experience with using basic programming concepts, such as variables, loops, lists, if statements, etc.
- A Windows or Mac laptop. (No ChromeBooks)
- Some typing ability
You will need three things on your machine:
- Python 3.6 or newer, installed (download here)
- Arcade library (how to install)
- A code editor such as VSCode
I recommend that you start with the Arcade Installation Instructions for downloading/installing Python and installing Arcade. Then install VSCode unless you have another text editor that you prefer.